The Next Gen. SAM program provides scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for two years to eligible senior and MS students in the 4+1 program, in addition to travel support to attend scientific conferences or career development fairs.
The Next Gen. SAM program has a dedicated team of counsellors, peer mentors and faculty mentors to provide each scholar with the help they need to thrive personally and academically.
The Next Gen. SAM program aims to prepare each scholar for their preferred career in academia, industry, or government. Counsellors provide career development advice, while faculty and alumni of the Applied Mathematics department form an ever growing network from which early career opportunities arise.
In order to be eligible to apply to the program, students must
- Be in the 4+1 pathway ( apply here )
- Be registered with the financial aid office
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident
Next round of applications (for current senior students):
- Applications are now OPEN
- Application deadline: December 10th, 2023
- Announcement of the scholarships: Late December 2023
- Scholarships are awarded starting Winter 2024.