The Next Gen. SAM program provides scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for two years to eligible senior and MS students in the 4+1 program, in addition to travel support to attend scientific conferences or career development fairs.
The Next Gen. SAM program has a dedicated team of counsellors, peer mentors and faculty mentors to provide each scholar with the help they need to thrive personally and academically.
The Next Gen. SAM program aims to prepare each scholar for their preferred career in academia, industry, or government. Counsellors provide career development advice, while faculty and alumni of the Applied Mathematics department form an ever growing network from which early career opportunities arise.
In order to be eligible to apply to the program, students must
- Be in the 4+1 pathway ( apply here )
- Be registered with the financial aid office
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident
Winter 2022 applications (for current senior students):
- Applications are OPEN (apply below)
- Application deadline: December 15 th, 2022
- Announcement of the scholarships: Early January
- Scholarships are awarded starting January 2023.